Congratulations – you have found your way into the WordPress site for IICS 605, Public Culture (in the Time of COVID), for Spring 2021.
This course is being taught by Dr. Wendy Leeds-Hurwitz, through the Master of Arts in Intercultural and International Communication (MAIIC) at Royal Roads University, Victoria, BC, Canada.
For this course, each student in our cohort picked an institution of their choice that best represents a facet of public culture: public space, public memory, public art, or public event.
If you visit our “Results” page and then “Public Culture Examples“, you will find each student’s example. Here are the quick links to each one below (in alphabetical order).
- Anne Frank House – Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Art Gallery of Greater Victoria – Victoria, Canada
- Association for Public Art – Philadelphia, USA
- Boiler Room – London, UK
- Comic-Con – San Diego, USA
- Diefenbunker Museum – Ottawa, Canada
- Hyderabad Literary Festival – Hyderabad, India
- Jumex Contemporary Art Foundation – Mexico City, Mexico
- Louvre Museum – Paris, France
- M Woods Art Museum – Beijing, China
- Metropolitan Museum of Art – New York City, USA
- Museum of Arts of Sao Paulo (MASP) – Sao Paulo, Brazil
- National Centre for the Performing Arts (NCPA) – Beijing, China
- National Gallery – London, UK
- National Gallery of Modern Art – New Delhi, India
- Old Summer Palace – Beijing, China
- The Palace Museum – Beijing, China
- Prithvi Arts Festival – Mumbai, India
- Roskilde Festival – Roskilde, Denmark
- Royal Tyrrell Museum – Drumheller, Canada
- Scholastic Canada – Markham, Canada
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum – New York City, USA
- Sundance Film Festival – Park City, USA
- Surrey Art Gallery – Surrey, Canada
- Tate Modern – London, UK
- Museum of New Zealand Te Papa Tongarewa (Te Papa) – Wellington, New Zealand
- White Cube – London, UK
- Yad Vashem – Jerusalem, Israel